Our Future Plans
Our plans will be concentrated on four main areas as follows:
• A new project on loneliness, in response to the growing need to address this problem locally.
• We hope to work with our local surgery and others in order to provide more social interaction and support, now known as ‘social prescribing’.
• Continuing with the Community Transport trial Project
• Continuing with support for (and building on the work with) the Pyramid Schools (Aspley Guise, Fulbrook, Husborne Crawley, Ridgmont, Swallowfield and Woburn)
As well as sustaining those activities that have become self-supporting through the use of volunteers:
• The Reading Army of volunteers who listen to children read in our Lower and Middle Schools
• Walk and Talk on a Saturday morning when participants walk from Aspley Heath for health and social benefits.
• Medicine deliveries twice a week to those who cannot get to the surgery
• Community IT where older inhabitants learnt to use their laptops and tablets with the help of pupils from Fulbrook Middle School
• Yarn Club where the children learn craft skills.
Clearly, we will still need to fund-raise and receive donations to maintain our prescence in the community.